Friday, July 1, 2011

7/1/11

     Since everyone seems to be posting their answers to questions in their post, I will add mine. The concerns I had at the beginning of my externship were what exactly I was expected to do. I spent most of the first week getting familiar with DNR staff, the lab facility and lab test techniques, and what DNR staff do at the Coralville site. At the end of the first week, Jackie gave us a rough schedule for the next 5 weeks (with input from us) and now I know every day what I need to do.

     Jackie's concerns centered around how much skill we already possessed for the lab work and how willing we would be to go out to do field work. She has seen us perform the testing and is no longer worried about that. We also are planning on attending Project AWARE, a weeklong canoeing and cleaup trip (this year on the Turkey, Little Turkey and Volga rivers from June 9th through the 16th.), to help so she knows we are willing to work outdoors on projects!

    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment