Friday, July 29, 2011

July 29,2011

     This is my final blog! I would like to thank Jackie Gautsch, Mary Skopec, Rebecca Keauten, Jason McCurdy and everyone else who welcomed us into the DNR community and helped us accomplish our goals.
     Some highlights I have from my summer externship include canoeing on project AWARE,  water testing at my site and analyzing the results, attending IOWATER workshops and getting to experience first-hand the interest people have in monitroing Iowa's water and keeping it clean.
     I believe my students will benefit from my experience because I can show them connections between a lab test (pure science) and how it can be used to monitor and improve our environment (applied science).
    I look back on my summer experience as vastly different from what I normally do at work. This not only made it an interesting experience but an experience encouraging personal growth because I had to think differently and use different skills than I typically use in the classroom.
     Lastly, thanks to IMSEP for the opportunity to have my "summer DNR experience"!

1 comment:

  1. Lynette - Thanks for working with us this summer, I look forward to working with you to help future IOWATER teachers learn from your experience and you unit plan!! Jackie Gautsch

    ReplyDelete